Student Web Developer
The Student Media Technology department at Portland State University is hiring a student web developer to assist its student-run media organizations. The position is ideal for students looking to improve their skills and knowledge of web technologies.
The position, up to 13 hours per week at $16.60 per hour through June 15, 2023, is renewable annually contingent on student fee funding and reports to the Technology Advisor within Student Media.
- Maintains minimum institutional GPA (2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students)
- Enroll and complete at least 6 undergraduate or 5 graduate PSU credit hours per term during the academic year
- No credit minimum for Summer term, but must still be a returning student
- Must be able to commit to a set weekly schedule for each term
- Helping to maintain the Student Media groups’ websites
- Creating web-based projects to help promote & define Student Media Operations
- Researching emerging and relevant media technologies for blog posts and special projects
- Partnering with the Student Media groups to create projects centered around emerging technologies
- Quality Assurance and Accessibility checks on web content
- Other related duties as assigned
- WordPress or CMS Equivalent
Additional Preferred Skills:
To apply or learn more, check out our listing over on PSU Handshake